Created by Stupid Users: BETA (Dent Ventures, LLC)
BETA is an unique fast-paced, ever-changing, item looting, army building card game.
Latest Updates from Our Project:
Manufacturing has Begun!!
about 1 month ago
– Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 01:54:57 PM
Hello to All!
Game: We approved content and templates , which includes the box, rulebook, and cards! Our manufacturer estimated 21 days until it's ready to ship. Once we receive confirmation of shipping we'll send another update.
Roundy Pals: Kristy finished all of them and they are ready to occompany your order. They are soooo cute! Thank you Kristy!
Graphic Novel: Ventsi has been coloring slowly but surely and we're down to the last ten pages. Fingers crossed he can finish up soon! The colors are soooo good!!
We cannot thank you enough for your patience. We can't wait to get you your rewards!!
Prototype has Arrived!
3 months ago
– Tue, Sep 03, 2019 at 01:17:09 PM
Hello to all!
We received the prototype and are very happy with it! We are extra excited about the box! Matt's design turned out awesome and we can't wait for you to see the special surprise we have in store for our backers at the Employee, Beta Zombie, and Zed Zombie tiers!
AND there is some additional exciting news that I want to share. The original box was going to have the cards laying down with card dividers. About 5 weeks ago I received a game from a Kickstarter campaign that I supported and it was a different layout with individual dividers for each deck and I thought "WOW! We need this for BETA." So I sent an image to our rep at the printer and with his assistance we designed a totally different box, and needless to say it's a much better product. I'm grateful that we had the delays we did otherwise we would've had a not so cool box. :)
So here's where we are: Matt, David, and I are going to review the cards, rulebook, and box to make sure everything is perfect. Next we will give the printer the green-light to begin production and then we should receive a timeline as to when printing will be finished. Once we receive the timeline we will post an update. Shortly thereafter we should get notification that our games are on their way to the USA, and then we will post another update of the expected arrival of the games along with shipping timelines. That being said please make sure that you have the correct shipping information in Backerkit and that your credit card information is up to date. We will most likely be closing out pre-orders and add-ons in the next couple of weeks.
Thank you so very much for your patience with this, we are grateful.
P.S. Ventsi has 18 pages left to color for the graphic novel and is back on a regular schedule. So keep your fingers crossed that he'll zip it up and we'll be able to get that to you with the game(if it was included in your backer tier)!
P.P.S. Kristy is down to the last 3 roundies and they will be included with your shipment of the game (if it was included in your backer tier).
4 months ago
– Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 01:21:43 AM
Quick Update: This is just a rough sample so we can make sure everything looks it’s best before printing! Soooo exciting! Our printers caught a couple of errors in our rule book so we’re working on that now.
We made some awesome changes to the box that y’all are going to appreciate ☺️. We can’t wait to get this in your hands!!
8 months ago
– Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 10:01:50 PM
We just wanted to let you know that we are (obviously) running behind. While we are bummed that we are not going to hit our goal, we feel that it's in the best interest of the final product. We have so many fun surprises for you and cannot wait to share them. And here's where we are:
1) Graphic Novel -- All of the pages have been inked and lettered. Our colorist Ventsi has some personal issues he's been dealing with, which ultimately slowed down his work for us. That being said he's still fulfilling, but it's just taking longer than we had hoped. He expects to be finished by the end of May.
2) Stupid Users: BETA -- When we decided to update some of the panels in the Graphic Novel it ultimately changed the art for some of our cards, so we are waiting for those to be finished. We also decided to have some of the card art re-drawn. About half of it has been drawn by Heru, and the other half should be finished by the end of this week. Then it's off to our colorist, Ventsi.
3) Roundy Pals -- Kristy has continued to crochet, crochet, crochet, and has completed 50% of the Roundy Pals. She expects to be finished with the rest of those little cuties by the end of May.
4) AR -- We have some pretty cool content for the AR portion. Every card has unique content and is just fun to see. We really hope that y'all enjoy it as much as we do. Matt's completed approximately 80% of the cards and expects to be finished this week.
5) Reader -- We've got the reader working along with the Explorer mode. We need to finish the user onboarding process and along with design.
We can't wait to get these awesome rewards mailed off to you! One last thing, we have not closed out Backerkit and do not intend to until we are ready to ship out your rewards.
A Much Needed Update
9 months ago
– Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 05:04:56 PM
It's been a while since we posted an update and figured now is a good time. BUT before I do that I have a request for all Employee, Beta, and Zed backers: Will you please send me a 1-2 sentence quote that you'd say. We need this for the cards. If you cannot think of anything, please send me some information about yourself, so we can create something that fits. It'll really help us make these custom cards as personal as possible. That being said; if there is anything you'd like to show when the card is scanned for the AR portion send that as well. TIA
And here's the update on progress!1) Game - all custom art is finished - Matt has been creating all the Employee badges (hence the above request) - I'll be making
It's been a while since we posted an update and figured now is a good time. BUT before I do that I have a request for all Employee, Beta, and Zed backers: Will you please send me a 1-2 senate quote that you'd say. We need this for the cards. If you cannot think of anything, please send me some information about yourself, so we can create something that fits. It'll really help us make these custom cards as personal as possible. That being said; if there is anything you'd like to show when the card is scanned for the AR portion send that as well. TIA
And here's the update on progress!
1) Game - All custom art is finished! Matt has been creating all the Employee badges (hence the above request). I'll be making version 7 of the cards this weekend. The Rulebook is still a WIP. The box; all I can say is WOW. Matt came up with an awesome design over the weekend, and it looks AWESOME. I have a feeling that you all are going to really like it. We need to take another stab at the content on the back that explains the game and the world, but that's it. I CANNOT WAIT to see what this looks like printed!
2) Graphic Novel - This turned out to be 150 pages. 147 pages are inked, (only 3 left) and there approximately 40ish pages to color and letter (we are receiving 2-3 finished pages a day). Once we started putting everything together, we found some inconsistencies that are going to be corrected. We need to make another pass once all the pages are complete
3) Roundies - Kristy is kickin' some arse making these little guys! I added a post our FB page showing a bunch of them.
4) Reader - I've been working on the design for this, Matt has built everything it needs to work, I need to finish up some design so David can style and beautify what Matt built.
5) AR - Matt made the scanner look so cool. We have a couple of cards that I need to redesign so the App can catch the target easier. They are just too dark. We're working on getting content together to keep these interesting. :-)
All that being said we are cutting it close but we're on target for April fulfillment. Many thanks to you all again for your support, soon we will be out of our cave and back into the world with printed versions of our game.